|By Maureen O'Gara||
|November 30, 2010 08:15 AM EST||
Abiquo, the enterprise cloud management house, has raised approximately $10 million in Series B funding led by Balderton Capital Partners, the early- stage VC that backed MySQL.
Business Objects founder Bernard Liautaud is a partner there now and will join Abiquo’s board.
Existing investors Nauta Capital and Eurecan also participated.
The funding will be used to expand Abiquo’s global sales and marketing efforts, customer support and senior team.
Abiquo’s software is supposed to let the enterprises and service providers extend virtualized environments and create and manage private, public and hybrid clouds through a “single pane of glass.” The stuff, which is supposed to save users money, combines autonomous virtual enterprises with global infrastructure management and business policy.
Abiquo CEO Pete Malcolm gave the Day 3 keynote at 7th Cloud Expo in Nov 2010
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- 4th International Cloud Expo: Photo Album
- Cloud Expo New York to Attract More Than 8,000 Delegates
- The Cloud Computing Kettle Heats Right Up
- Industry Experts Discuss the State of Cloud Computing
- 4th International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo Starts Today
- Cloud Expo and The End of Tech Recession
- SYS-CON.TV: Cloud Computing Expo Power Panel